26.5 x 36.5 cm
est. $No reserve
Phyllis Drummond Bethune nee Sharpe was a member of "The Group" 1936-1947. Her paintings are held by the collections of The Hocken Library and The Aigantighe Art Gallery Timaru. Phyllis Bethune lived in Waimate and Geraldine and later trained at the Christchurch Polytechnic School of Art. She died in Wanaka in 1983. Most of her work was painted in the 1930s and 40s. She was a member of the Canterbury and South Canterbury art societies, and a former president of the Waimate Art Society and a regular exhibitor at Otago and Canterbury society exhibitions.