Rupert & Willie Mouse at St Stephen's Chapel - Parnell Point
100 x 150 cm
Graham Kirk chooses Parnell's historic architectural icon, St Stephen's Chapel, as the setting for this memorable work. A category 1, Heritage New Zealand building, the chapel first opened its doors in 1857. Today, over a hundred years later the chapel nestles above Judges Bay, overlooking the Waitemata Harbour.
Our small group stands in the foreground of the painting. Mr Bear holds Rupert's hand, Willie Mouse stands with hands clasped behind his back while a senior onlooker leans on his cane.