Terms & Conditions
Our Terms & Conditions apply to all people who access, browse, or use this website in any way. You will be asked to confirm your acceptance of our Terms & Conditions when registering online. If for any reason, you do not agree to abide by our Terms & Conditions, please do not continue to use our website.
Collection and Storage
You may browse most certain areas of the Site without registering online. You will be required to register online in order to access certain areas of the Site. Online registration will require you to tell us certain personal information about yourself, such as your name and contact details. If you choose register online, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers, and that we may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address and physical contact information;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site such as bidding, buying, and selling;
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
- computer sign-in data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, and other information, including IP address and standard web log information; and
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, and efficient experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide services, undertake any transaction or dealings, provide any customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Term & Conditions or any other legal right we may have;
- customise, measure, and improve our services and the Site’s content and layout;
- tell you about service updates, promotional offers (eg exhibition opening nights), and targeted notifications (eg when an auction is published online) based on your communication preferences; and
- making such disclosures as we may require for any of the above purposes.
In the event that sufficient personal information is not supplied, or is not satisfactory, your application for registration to the Site may not be accepted.
Email Notification Preferences
If you elect to receive email notifications, we will use your email address to send you promotional material or alerts in accordance with your preferences.
On the rare occasion, you may receive an email related to registration or technical aspects of our Site - even if you opt out of email communications. We will not send you emails regarding auction sales, exhibition opening nights, or other promotions if you prefer not to receive them. You can access your email preferences at any time and tailor your notification messages to meet your specific needs.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
Your user name and password remains confidential to you.
We will not sell, rent, or disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalise our services.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. (In such a case we may disclose your contact details, your user history on the Site, any previous complaints about you.);
- as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity. (In such a case we may disclose your contact details, your user history on the Site, and any previous complaints about you.);
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to help customize our services.
A cookie is used to store your site preferences (if you have them turned on) between visits to www.internationalartcentre.co.nz, so that when you return your preferences can be restored, without having to log in. If you don’t have cookies enabled, then the site will revert to the defaults, until you log in. Upon logging in we will load your preferences for the remainder of your visit.
A second cookie is also used to keep track of whether or not you have logged in (again if you have cookies turned on). This cookie is only temporary (it disappears after 2 days) so you can return to the site, and still access to the members only areas without having to login, for up to 2 days.
If you are sharing your computer with other people, particularly at an Internet Cafe or other public place, it is recommended that you click the logout button (in the "Members" section) before you leave the site.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- you are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
We will ask you to enter your password before you access any "sensitive functions" on our Site - such as updating your profile, accessing members only exhibitions, etc. Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. We also encourage you to change you password from time to time; there is no technical limit on the number of times you can access and edit your information. This applies to email selections as well.
If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken under your password. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information
You may access and modify your personal information (pursuant to your rights under the Privacy Act 1993) by "signing in" on the Site. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is difficult to verify your identity remotely.
Upon your request, we will close your account. We do, however, retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms & Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.